Mission: "To advocate the interests of the Parrish Community and Preserve its Heritage"
History of our town
The community was named Parrish for the Parrish Family that moved into the area in the late 1800s and gave back so much to this town, such as land for the railroad, church, and school property. In this era, the town was bustling with lots of commerce such as four packinghouse, a blacksmith shop, general stores, drug store, mercantile, grocery, pool hall, post office, doctors and barbershop. Many of the residents were farmers of citrus, vegetables, as well as cattle. It was a close-knit community, neighbors looking out for each other. Whatever the need, food, clothing, building a barn, mending fences, taking cattle to market, the people all pitched in to help.
A post office was established in 1879. When the paperwork was sent to Washington, the name was misspelled. It was registered as Parish. The post office was moved several times through the year but when the new post office was built around 1950, the Postmaster reviewed the registration papers and found the error, it was corrected to the correct spelling of Parrish.
Today, Parrish is the northeast center of Manatee County with roads to Tampa, St. Petersburg, Wachula, Arcadia, Bradenton, and Sarasota to name a few. Parrish is the fastest growing area in Manatee County.